We are delighted to share that the 19th edition of Who’s Who Legal: Competition recognizes partner Nikolai Gouginski as a leading Bulgarian competition lawyer. Nikolai is listed among Bulgaria’s top two lawyers in the field of competition law for a consecutive year, as the comprehensive 2018 guide covers a total of 1 069 lawyers, including 76 EU-based state aid experts. The lawyers selected advise and defend clients in internal, regulatory and criminal investigations as well as assisting with merger filings, civil and criminal litigation and cartel matters.
Nikolai Gouginski heads the Competition and EU Regulatory group at the law firm. As a leading lawyer of DGKV’s team of competition experts, Nikolai has a telling record of clients’ success stories confirming a meticulous and comprehensive advice on Bulgarian and EU competition law and practices. He has significant experience advising a many multinational and Bulgarian clients from various industries on all aspects of merger control, cartel investigations, horizontal and vertical restraints on trade, abuse of dominant position, regulatory issues or project finance matters. Nikolai has authored or co-authored various articles and chapters on Bulgaria in publications and books in the field of competition.
Based on his in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of the local business and legal framework, leading international legal guides have been continually ranking Nikolai as one of the premier competition law practitioners:
Chambers EMEA 2018:
- “impressed by the ability of the lawyers to quickly process and analyse a large amount of information and to draw relevant conclusions based on sound reasoning in light of the competition rules”;
- “brilliant competition lawyer who is very cool-headed and to the point.";
- "he has a thorough and comprehensive approach”.
Chambers EMEA 2017:
- "he is ready to explain everything at length until all parts of the problem are made clear”.
- “top-level lawyer - very knowledgeable, hands-on and practical”.
Legal 500 2018:
- Practice head Nikolai Gouginski is “diligent, knowledgeable and experienced in competition law”. He is acknowledged as a leading individual and is acknowledged in The Hall of Fame.
Good job, Nikolai!