Founded in 1994 by the four name partners, Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov currently employs 50 fully qualified lawyers and patent specialists, including 15 partners. Our clients’ portfolio of over 3000 major multinational corporations is a fair attestation to the high quality of legal work that we provide.
In addition to our main office in Sofia, we maintain a representative office in Germany since 2003; initially located in Frankfurt, it is in Berlin since October 2010.
The law firm was established to meet the unique needs of the new free market environment in Bulgaria. For more than two decades, we have played a leading role in advising the Bulgarian Government and foreign investors, developers, operators, and financial institutions on privatisation issues and transactions in Bulgaria. The most significant achievements include our participation in the privatisation of Bulgaria’s former fixed-line operator Bulgarian Telecommunication Company (BTC), the privatisation of Bulgaria’s oldest commercial bank The State Savings Bank, the privatisation of three of Bulgaria’s largest electricity distribution companies, the privatisation of three of Bulgaria’s largest thermal power plants, the privatisation of Bulgaria’s biggest pharmaceutical monopoly Balkanpharma Holding, as well as the private acquisition of the country's leading GSM operator MobilTel.
- Having dealt with the highest number of bank acquisition transactions among Bulgarian law firms since 1990, we also advised THE FIRST BANK MERGER in Bulgaria.
- Since our establishment we have enjoyed an unparalleled record of projects on the Bulgarian legal market in the areas of energy and utilities, real estate and construction, and telecommunications.
- Our competition law team of experts has built up a telling record of clients’ success stories in the preceding years, confirming its dedication to providing meticulous and comprehensive legal advice on Bulgarian and EC competition laws and practices.
- Our Intellectual Property Practice Group team has been staffed with trademark attorneys certified by the Bulgarian Patent Office, and fully qualified lawyers, who have successfully represented our clients since 1994 before all governmental authorities responsible for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- Our tax law professionals have acted as primary outside counsellor in the tax planning of some of the largest and most complicated transactions in Bulgaria since 1994.
- Above and beyond we are the FIRST on the Bulgarian legal market to provide regulatory advice in accordance with the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol.