Recent matters DGKV’s M&A team has worked on include:
- Advising PPF Telecom Group B.V. on the Bulgarian-law aspects of the sale of 30% stake in CETIN Group N.V.
- Advising Blantyre Capital Limited, BlackRock, EBRD, and the Bulgarian Development Bank on the restructuring of Bulsatcom EAD, the leading satellite TV provider in Bulgaria.
- Advising The Rohatyn Group on the local legal aspects of its Pet Network exit and on the local aspects of its acquisition of a leading Bulgarian e-bike manufacturer.
- Assisting a consortium led by SSB Sauerwein & Schaefer Bau AG and including ERG Insaat Ticaret ve Sanayi AS and Copenhagen Airports with its participation in the tender process for the Sofia Airport concession, which had an approximately EUR 3.898 billion indicative project budget.
- Advising Integral Venture Partners on a number of debt and equity investments in Bulgaria, including the acquisition of a majority equity stake in Breaktime, the acquisition of a minority debt stake in Bulsatcom, and the acquisition of an equity stake in a local healthy food manufacturer, among others.
- Advising IBM on the implementation in Bulgaria of the global separation and reorganization of its managed infrastructure services business of IBM Bulgaria via spin-off to Kyndryl Bulgaria.
- Advising a company that is part of Rohlik Group on the acquisition of a minority stake in two investment rounds in Convenience AD, a company operating an online supermarket in several cities in Bulgaria.
- Advising the Sanmina Corporation on its acquisition of Osram EOOD, a Bulgarian lights and lighting devices manufacturer.
- Advising Kohler Co on Bulgarian-legal aspects of its acquisition by merger of Curtis Instruments Inc. and its subsidiaries, including, among others, its Bulgarian subsidiary.
- Advising Accenture on the Bulgarian-law aspects of its acquisition of Xoomworks Group, and with post-acquisition integration in Bulgaria.
- Advising AbbVie on the Bulgarian-law aspects of the acquisition of Allergan.
- Advising Beijing Sequoia Kun De Investment Limited Partnership on the Bulgarian-legal aspects of a potential indirect investment in a Bulgarian company that manufactures and sells a high-end fashion and accessories brand.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of Vivartia Holding, including its Bulgarian subsidiary, Obedinena Mlechna Kompania.
- Advising Hitachi Solutions Co. Ltd. on its acquisition of the ABB Power Grids business.
- Advising the Walt Disney Co on Bulgarian-legal matters related to and assisting it in Bulgaria with the implementation of its global acquisition of the major entertainment assets of 21st Century Fox.
- Advising the Swedish Consilium Safety Group on the Bulgarian-law aspects of its acquisition of Unipos, a Bulgarian manufacturer of fire safety detection systems.
- Advising QuickBase, Inc., backed by Vista Equity Partners, on the Bulgarian-legal aspects of its acquisition of CloudPipes Group Ltd.
- Advising SMS Bump Ltd. on its acquisition of Yotpo, an e-commerce marketing platform headquartered in New York, in a deal that represents the largest acquisition of a company infused only with Bulgarian venture capital.
- Advising Bulgarian digital monetization platform PubGalaxy on its acquisition by Azerion.
- Advising the Oman Investment Authority, the sovereign fund of the Sultanate of Oman, on the sale of a real estate portfolio to Smart Property Fund.
- Advising AP Capital AD on its acquisitions of five residential real-estate-development companies in and around Sofia.
- Advising Hamilton Data Services on the sale of its business in Bulgaria.
- Advising Progress Software on the acquisition of Telerik AD, the most successful IT company on the Bulgarian market, in a deal that was the largest ever for an independent software company in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Advising Miller Developments Ltd. on the acquisition of the first pre-leased shopping mall in Varna.
- Advising ArcelorMittal Limited on its contemplated acquisition of all of the assets of Kremikovtzi AD, Bulgaria’s largest steel producer.
- Advising RWE Power AG on the acquisition of a controlling interest in the largest Bulgarian mining company and the establishment of a joint venture with state‐owned Maritza Iztok Coal Mines for the production of lignite coal, plus a joint venture with the Bulgarian State for the construction of a thermal power plant.
- Advised on the acquisition of a 76% stake in Angel’s Estate Winery by Purcari Wineries PLC - structuring and due diligence work, as well as for drafting and negotiating the transaction documents.