Marius Velichkov is one of the four named partners at Djingov, Gouginski, Kyutchukov & Velichkov. He is particularly experienced in M&A, banking & finance, and capital markets and he has played a leading role in advising on some of the benchmarked privatization projects in Bulgaria. His clients include, among others, BTC (Bulgaria’s former telecommunications monopoly), EBRD, IFC, Deutsche Bank, OMV AG, Entergy, Rolls Royce Power Ventures Plc., Nomura International Plc, AIG-CET, and Refco Capital Markets, Ltd., among many others.
Recent representative projects include:
- Advising the Bulgarian State on the privatization of the Bulgarian Telecommunications Company, Bulgaria’s telecommunications monopoly – a project that included the provision of a sector analysis, a due-diligence investigation, assistance with regulatory developments, and negotiating and drafting transaction documents.
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the structuring and financing of its participation in the privatization of three Bulgarian pharmaceutical companies.
- Advising EBRD on a project involving the restructuring, privatization, and granting of concessions for the operation of the water supply system of the city of Sofia.
- Advising AIG-CET and Refco Capital Markets, Ltd. on their respective acquisition of shares in United Bulgarian Bank and Bulgarian Reconstruction and Investment Bank, including overseeing the due-diligence investigation and assisting with share-transfer agreements and regulatory, corporate, and banking-law matters as well as with the obtaining of permissions (licenses) from the Bulgarian National Bank.
- Advising Novator Partners LLP on its acquisition of 34% of the capital of Economic & Investment Bank.