Recent matters DGKV’s Projects team has worked on include:
- Advising ERG Insaat Ticaret ve Sanayi AS, SSB Sauerwein & Schaefer Bau AG, and Copenhagen Airports on their joint bid for the Sofia Airport concession (which had an approximately EUR 3.898 billion indicative project budget).
- Advising Hitachi Solutions Co. Ltd. on Bulgarian-law and M&A aspects of its acquisition of the ABB Power Grids business.
- Assisting Credit Suisse and a consortium of banks led by Unicredit Bank Austria with the financing, securitization, and subsequent restructuring of their respective loan facilities to the National Electricity Company EAD for the construction of the Tsankov Kamak Hydro Power Plant.
- Advising Equinix (EMEA) B.V. on its preparation of a set of construction contracts, its participation in a tender process, and its negotiations for the appointment of contractors, all related to the development of a data center in Bulgaria.
- Advising the Bulgarian Government on the privatization of three thermal power plants in Bulgaria.
- Advising the China Development Bank on its project financing of portfolios of solar power plants in Bulgaria developed by Sky Solar and Chint Solar.
- Advising Chevron Corporation on gas-exploration activities in Bulgaria.
- Advising Chariot Motors AD and Consortium Chariot Motors / Higer Bus Company Limited on their participation in numerous domestic and international public procurement tenders for supply of electric buses, including their successful bid for the right to supply electric buses to the city of Sofia.
- Advising JBG Power GmbH – the German subsidiary of a Japanese LNG-and-biofuel-stations developer – on its potential investment in the development of a facility for liquefaction of natural gas in Bulgaria, including advising on real estate due diligence and the general legal framework applicable to the development of LNG facilities.
- Advising AIG Emerging Europe Infrastructure Fund L.P. on matters related to the mezzanine financing for the Galata Gas Field development project, including performing due diligence of the project agreements and concession procedure.
- Advising the Black Sea Trade and Development Bank on the financing of a project involving the energy-efficiency rehabilitation of over 200 municipal buildings in Sofia.
- Advising CREDITAS on its project financing of 4.1 MWp solar power plant.
- Advising Bulgaria’s Ministry of Education and Science on debt-and-asset restructuring and the contemplated financing of a state-owned entity operating student leisure facilities.
- Advising OMV on the development of a network of over 70 petrol stations in Bulgaria.
- Advising Deutsche Investitions - und Entwicklungsgesellschaft mbH on the project financing of a wind power plant in Bulgaria.
- Advising the EBRD on the financing of the rehabilitation of TPP Maritza East 2, a major Bulgarian state-owned thermal power plant.
- Advising Gruppo Societá Gas Rimini on the project financing extended by the EBRD to Gruppo Societá Gas Rimini’s subsidiary, Citygas Bulgaria, for the development of a gas-distribution network.
- Advising lead arranger HSBC on the restructuring of project financing extended by a syndicate of lenders to Petroceltic.
- Advising the International Investment Bank and the Bulgarian Development Bank on their provision of a EUR 10 million term loan facility and a EUR 5 million revolving facility to Prista Oil Holding AD.